Every year brings the introduction of new products. This year with the economy down many manufacturers kept things simple. That is, except for Hansgrohe. This year Hansgrohe has introduced the iBox Universal Plus to the North American market.
This really is a great product for everyone; the supplier, the designer, the homeowner, the contractor and the plumber. As a universal rough it replaces the 13 existing roughs that Hansgrohe has previously used, so we now stock just one SKU. Trim from all Hansgrohe styles work with the iBox so you can install the iBox before you make a final decision on the trim. This means the project doesn’t have to wait for a design decision.
SO WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT iBOX?
An adjustable installation rings allow the iBox to be installed at different depths in almost any wall material. It can even fit into a depth of 2-1/4” when using the shallow extension set.
- The iBox has water-tight seals so any potential leaks will drain into the shower compartment and not the wall.
- The iBox includes built-in service stops for easy maintenance
- The iBox is design to be easily flushed without the trim and keeps hot and cold water isolated.
- The function block ships with the trim. This reduces the expense of stocking and prevents theft and damage at the job site.
- The function block rests on rubber seals and trim attaches to the housing. Both these act to reduce noise transferring to the finish wall.
Trim will fit even if the iBox is accidently installed upside down!
- Extensions are available if the iBox is installed too deep.
WATCH THE iBOX INSTALLATION VIDEO!
OK, BUT WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE AND HOW CAN I USE AN iBOX?
The iBox replaces multiply roughs so with an iBox you can have pressure balance or thermostatic. When used with Hansgrohe trim the thermostats can be ordered with one volume control or two making it perfect for dual outlet showers or single showers where volume control is a concern. Or the iBox can be used in conjunction with a trio or Quattro diverter for multiple outlet installations.
HOW DO I KNOW THIS REALLY WORKS?
While the iBox is new to North America it was first introduced in
Europe in 2001, so there is almost a decade of experience and engineering behind it. Founded in 1901 by Hans Grohe in Schiltach, Germany the Hansgrohe company has been making quality, innovative product since before many of today’s manufacturers even existed. The Grohe family still has a strong presence in the company and it shows in the way they manage and market the company.
HOW CAN I SEE THE iBOX?
Visit out showroom. We have the iBox on display and can show you all the details.